Our range of tanning products include some of the finest skin care ingredients to ensure beautiful tanning results, with our expertise and quality production processes bringing the best to your treatments.
What is Spray tan?
Spray tan is a way to quickly get tanned without using UV rays. A Spray tan can be done either manually or automatically in a cabinet. AM Esthetic clinic performs manual spray tan, which then gives the therapist the opportunity to vary the degree of brow color on different body parts. Manual spray tan means that a professional will spray a tan fluid onto your body using a professional spray tan machine.
How does spray tan work?
The active ingredient in spray tan is Dihydroxyacetone (DHA), which is a colorless sugar. When the tanning fluid is sprayed onto the skin, a natural chemical process occurs where the upper cell layer of the skin oxidizes, and this results in a golden and tan color. For DHA to work well, it can take about 6-8 hours for full development. This color provides no protection against UV exposure and general sun protection is essential.
How tan do I get?
You choose your own grade of tan. We have many different colors and find a color that suits your skin type and skin tone according to the desired result. You can get anything from a light glow to a deep, dark color.
What are the benefits of spray tan?
Spray tan quickly turns brown without sun and harmful UV radiation, so you don't have to worry about increased risk of skin cancer, wrinkles and other skin damage. The tan becomes even, and you do not run the same risk of having some marks here and there as if you were trying self-tanning at home. Spray tan is perfect for those who are going to a wedding, party or other special occasion and want to look fresh and golden brown. The color lasts for about a week and with regular spray tan you can stay brown all year round
Is spray tan dangerous?
Spray tan is a way to get tan that does not involve UV exposure and increased risk of skin cancer like traditional tanning and solarium do. However, research suggests that the active substance in self-tanning and spray tan (dihydroxyacetone - DHA) should not be inhaled as this can irritate the respiratory tract and mucous membranes.
Persons with asthma, sensitive skin or ulcers should consult a physician prior to treatment. Pregnant mothers and nursing mothers should avoid spray tan.
Can men take the spray? Does the color get nice even if you have a lot of body hair?
Men can certainly take the spray! Normal body hair has no effect on the color. During the spraying process itself, the bronzer can settle into the hair, but this goes away when showering.
There are some contraindications that you should be aware of. If you are uncertain, you should contact your GP.
- Cuts / abrasions / burns
- Eczema or psoriasis
- Viral or fungal diseases such as foot
- Recent surgery, skin peel, microdermabrasion, or tattoos
- Eye infections
- Severe asthma or pulmonary conditions
- Pregnancy or breast-feeding
- Hair treatments (changing tones)
Before spray tan treatment
- Scrub the skin thoroughly the same day or the day before to remove skin cells. (We recommended scrub without oil. Focus on particularly dry areas such as knees and elbows)
- Avoid waxing or shaving for at least 24 hours before treatment
- Do not use moisturizer / oil, perfume or deodorant on the day you come to do treatment.
- Dyeing the hair before doing a spray tan.
- Get in or bring loose, dark clothes.
Not recommended bra after treatment.
After spraytan treatment
- Avoid touching the skin during the development period as the color can be transferred by touch.
- Do not shower or bathe for at least 6-8 hours after treatment. Only the excess color should be rinsed off at the first shower.
- Do not use soap or shower products
- Dry the skin gently after bathing, do not rub it.
- Avoid activity that may cause sweating for at least 10 hours after treatment.
- Avoid perfume soaked to the skin
- Do not use peels during the first week
- Bathing in salt and chlorine water can shorten the length of the tan and it can also cause the color to disappear unevenly
- For the color to last as long as possible, keep your skin moisturized with a body lotion
Our range of spray tan includes the best skin care ingredients to ensure you the beautiful spray tan result with our expertise and quality.